Use ShootProof’s photography Discounts to create special offers for your valued clients. Learn about each Discount type and how to best put it to use! (Photographs by ALICIA YARRISH and FIG + WILLOW STUDIOS)
ShootProof’s photography Discounts are a great way to show some extra-special appreciation to your gallery visitors. We’ll show you how to use each Discount type for your unique deals and offers. Keep reading to start discounting!
“How do I give my clients free shipping?”
With a minimum purchase, choose: Cart Discount
Use a Cart Discount if you want to require a minimum purchase before your client receives free shipping. You can define the purchase minimum when creating the discount.
With no minimum purchase, choose: Credit Discount
Create a Credit Discount if you want to offer free shipping to every buyer, regardless of how much they spend.
PRO TIP: Automatic vs. Promo Code Discounts
Most discount types allow you to select either Automatic or Promo Code when creating the discount.
- If you want ALL buyers to automatically receive the discount, choose Automatic. No code will be required.
- If you want to limit the discount by use quantity or expiration date, create a Promo Code for your discount.
“I want to give my client a credit toward their purchase.”
Give your client a credit to spend on prints and products through their ShootProof gallery. Examples of this discount include:
- your client’s pre-paid photography package includes a print credit
- you sold a gift card or gift certificate to someone and want to make it redeemable via ShootProof
Choose: Credit Discount
Create a Promo Code for your client such as SAVE100 or SMITH100. To keep anyone else from using this credit, set the Limit Use to one (1). You can also add an optional expiration date.
This credit works like cash, but it must be spent all at one time. If your client’s order total is less than the credit amount, any remaining credit will disappear. Leftover credit will not be held for future use.
“How do I offer a discount with a minimum purchase?”
Incentivize spending by offering your clients a discount with a purchase of, for example, $500 or more.
Choose: Cart Discount
If you made this discount Automatic, it will apply automatically when your client’s purchase reaches the minimum you’ve set. If you create a Promo Code for this discount, it will not apply unless your client enters the code.
You can choose to limit the number of times this photography discount can be used with Limit Use, and/or add an expiration date.
PRO TIP: Photography Discounts & Packages
Some photography discounts cannot be used on a price sheet that contains Packages. The Cart and Credit discounts CAN be used if you have Packages on your price sheet. Learn more…
“Can I give my clients a free product with their purchase?”
There are many reasons you may want to include a free item with your client’s purchase. Examples are:
- offer 10% off 5x7s ordered by the expiration date
- deliver a single-use discount for a free 8×10
- give 20% off when your client buys three or more canvases
Choose: Item Discount
Item Discounts can be Automatic or require a Promo Code. You can also limit an Item Discount to a set number of total uses, a maximum number of uses per checkout, or by expiration date.
Be sure to tell your clients about their Item Discount so they know which item to buy to get the discount. This is easy to do in an email, Email Campaign, or Gallery Intro Page message.
- “Order by January 30 and save 10% off all 5x7s with promo code JAN30”
- “Add an 8×10 to your cart and receive it for FREE with promo code a JONESFAMILY”
- “Automatically receive 20% off any purchase of three canvases”
“I want to offer my client a discount for buying multiple products.”
The Item Discount can be used to offer a special price for multiples of a single item. But what if you want to mix things up a little? Here are some examples of Multi-Item Discounts:
- “Purchase any 10 prints up to size 8×10 for $100”
- “Get a FREE 5×7 when you buy an 11×14”
- “Receive four 4x6s, two 5x7s, and one 8×10 for $100”
Choose: Multi-Item Discount
Multi-Item Discounts can be Automatic or require a Promo Code. You can also limit a Multi-Item Discount to a set number of total uses, a maximum number of uses per checkout, or by expiration date.
Within the discount panel, you’ll determine which products are included in your discount, how many of each item is included, and what the final price and shipping cost will be for this discounted collection.
Be sure to tell your clients about their Multi-Item Discount so they know to add the appropriate items to their shopping cart. This is easy to do in an email, Email Campaign, or Gallery Intro Page message, like this:
- “Use promo code MULTI and save 50% when you buy any 10 prints up to size 8×10”
- “Buy an 11×14, then add a 5×7 to your order for FREE!
PRO TIP: Multi-Item Discounts vs. Packages
Multi-item discounts can work a lot like the packages you make through Package Builder. But there ARE differences.
- Packages built with Package Builder: your client must add their items to the Package before they add the Package to their cart.
- Multi-Item Discounts: your client must add each of the discounted items to their cart individually before the discount will apply.
Multi-Item Discounts and Packages can NOT be used together.
“How do I offer my clients a discount only on one type of product?”
Offer a special discount only for canvases; or host a sale on digitals only. Both of these options are possible when you create a Group Discount.
Choose: Group Discount
Group Discounts can be Automatic or require a Promo Code. You can also limit a Group Discount to a set number of total uses, a maximum number of uses per checkout, or by expiration date. When you create your Group Discount, you can limit the discount to one or more groups of products. For example:
- offer 10% off any combination of 5 Prints
- provide $10 off every Canvas purchased
Be sure to tell your clients about their Group Discount. This is easy to do in an email, Email Campaign, or Gallery Intro Page message.
“I want to host a BOGO sale!”
Who doesn’t love a buy one, get one sale? Host your own with ShootProof BOGO Discount! This is a great solution for these types of sales:
- “Buy one 4×6, get the second 4×6 for FREE!”
- “Purchase one 8×10, get the second 8×10 for half-off!”
- “Buy three Digital Downloads, get a FREE 11×14 canvas!”
Choose: BOGO Discount
BOGO Discounts can be Automatic or require a Promo Code. You can also limit a BOGO Discount to a set number of total uses, a maximum number of uses per checkout, or by expiration date.
Be sure to tell your clients about their BOGO Discount. This is easy to do in an email, Email Campaign, or Gallery Intro Page message.
“Can I add a discount to a ShootProof Invoice?”
Absolutely! Whether you’re creating an invoice from a template or starting from scratch, ShootProof Invoices are the perfect place to build in special deals or photography discounts. Create a completely custom discount that applies automatically to your client’s invoice; your clients will save money, and you’ll save time!
You’re a Photography Discounts Pro!
Now that you know how to create custom photography discounts for your clients, you’re ready to sell more, earn more, and make your clients happier than ever.